Now available at Balance Medical Center, Spirulina is pound-for-pound one of the healthiest foods you can ingest. Spirulina belongs to an ancient class of single-celled, blue-green spiral algae. Spirulina are freshwater-growing, alkaline-environment loving, microscopic algae that have been living on this planet since the appearance of life on earth.It consists of 65-71% protein, the highest concentration found in any food. Each gram of Spirulina protein is four times more absorbable than the same gram of protein in beef. It is also considered the most nutritious food on the planet by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Spirulina contains an astonishing array of nutrients, minerals and antioxidants. Read more…
· Spirulina is a complete protein source as it contains all eight essential amino acids, and eighteen amino acids in total.
· Increases serotonin in the brain to help balance the brain chemistry.
· Rich in vitamin A (beta-carotene), B1, B2, B6, E, and K.
· Abundant source of salts, phytonutrients, and enzymes.
· High source of iron; as much as red meat. Studies have shown it to help alleviate anemia, increase hemoglobin, improve blood quality, and increase red blood cell formation.
· The only green food rich in the essential fatty acid gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). GLA makes skin soft and hair shiny, helps fight inflammation (in particular, arthritis), and reduces allergies.
· Contains several bioavailable forms of the mineral sulfur which improves the immune system, physical strength, flexibility, agility, complexion, hair’s luster, speed of healing, and the functionality of your liver and pancreas. Also, helps to detoxify bodily tissue.
· Contains many natural, fat-soluble antioxidants that are known to increase life span and improve the immune system, including zeaxanthin, the most important antioxidant for improving vision.
· Also contains superoxide dismutase (SOD) which is regarded as one of the most important health-enhancing metabolic enzymes and antioxidants.
· The high amount of phycocyanin helps increase the production of stem cells found in the bone marrow. Stem cells are the beginning cells that can develop into both red and white blood cells.
· Very high in chlorophyll, an extraordinary blood builder and purifier.
Source: Giddy Yoyo